Space2BHeard has a menu of options available to local organisations and employers to help you meet the needs of your workforce Mental Health and Wellbeing.
We understand the impact that unwellness related to mental health has on both the individual and the employer. From our experience we also know how difficult it can be to effectively support those that are struggling.
With this in mind, we have devised a menu of products that can be purchased in response to your own organisational needs.
Working with the team at Space2BHeard, we offer you a free consultation to identify the needs of your organisation to enable us to tailor our products to best fit you, your organisational culture and identity.
Space2BHeard has a wide range of experience working for a variety of partners. Our NHS approved management systems and staffing structure enable us to respond to our partners and clients’ needs quickly, safely and effectively.
We currently have a team of 17 counsellors/psychotherapists and trainers with a mix of modalities including:
- Transactional Analysis (particularly good for organisational/work based communication issues)
- Person Centred Counselling
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Counselling for Depression
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Space2BHeard staff meet the following essential requirements:
- Qualified to at least a Diploma in Counselling
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- BACP registration & working towards accreditation
- Valid Enhanced DBS
- Safeguarding Level 1 Children & Adults
- Individual Professional Indemnity Insurance
Our work includes (but is not exhaustive) the following:
- Work based stress
- Relationship issues
- Personality traits
- Health Anxiety
- Life Coaching
- Drug and Alcohol use
- Divorce and Separation
- Critical illness
- Loss of a child
- Food related issues
Space2BHeard has a Clinical Oversight team led by the Clinical Director that assess any clients or patients that we have concerns about and that may need additional support.
We also have a champion in our team who is trained in signposting and engaging additional support for our clients where appropriate. We have links with a range of partners that are available to help support clients in their specific area of recovery.
If you choose to work with us you know you are opting for a safe pair of hands to support and guide your teams.
Space2BHeard is a Community Interest Company and as such any profit we make is ringfenced within our accounting processes and channelled towards funding projects with the following purposes:
- Whole or part funding therapy for those on a low income
- One off projects aimed at engaging key groups within our community and service users
- Training and CPD opportunities for clinical staff
- Funding research that increases our evidence base for NICE guidelines for Transactional Analysis and other modalities
- The provision of wellbeing opportunities and resources for our team
Currently 12% of our overall income funds the Valued Minds Low Cost Counselling & Psychotherapy Service, enabling us to employ more staff to deliver an ever developing service, whilst maintaining a minimal charge for the therapy provided.
We offer a variety of themed half day workshops for employees aimed at awareness raising and equipping attendees with ways to improve their Mental Health and Wellbeing.
These include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Managing Stress and Anxiety in the Workplace
- Understanding the link between physical and mental unwellness
- Confidence Building and Creating Positive Change
- Looking at lifestyles and self care
- Building resilience, self esteem and coping strategies
- Understanding the impact Covid-19 has had on individuals and workplaces
These can be delivered via online methods during Covid-19 restrictions, and in your workplace or S2BH locations when safe to do so.
At Space2BHeard we understand the importance of a healthy and happy workforce. We take wellbeing very seriously and know the importance of keeping the wellbeing of your team current and always on the agenda. To help you attend to this, we offer a 12-month programme of wellbeing events encompassing a different theme each month. Examples of the themes are:
- The importance of sleep
- Stress awareness and tools for helpful management
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence
- Attending to relationship issues
- Cultivating and building resilience
- The importance of a balanced lifestyle
As part of this programme there will be an in-person presence for one day a week, one of our qualified and experienced clinicians will be on hand at your premises to offer support and discuss any difficulties that your team members may be facing. The clinician will offer a drop-in session and bookable slots, as well as sharing resources and information. Included in this programme, we will provide a variety of resources in the form of E-resources, leaflets, and social media posts on relevant platforms throughout each month.
A one-off purchase of 6 one-hour counselling sessions to support employees experiencing anxiety, depression and any other issues effecting their mental health and wellbeing. Within this package you will receive the following support and care before, during and after treatment:
- An assessment via the telephone with employee and Counsellor to ensure care pathway is established effectively from the start
- 6 one-hour counselling sessions to be undertaken, first session within 7 days from referral either face to face, via telephone, zoom or Microsoft Teams – method to be decided during assessment
- Sessions will be flexible and offered at a time to suit the employee
- Option for the use of tools such as anxiety and depression questionnaires during sessions to measure progress and recovery
- Support in signposting to another appropriate support service within the locality
- Counsellor will support employee exit from the sessions and prepare an ending that is appropriate to employee needs
- Explore options for support post treatment, avoiding further cost to the employer
- Ongoing contact with the Space2Bheard Clinical Director & Business Support Lead
The product is designed to meet the needs of Mental Health First Aiders in the workplace through one to one or group supervision and mentorship. A fully qualified and experienced supervisor will offer 2 on site hours per month aimed at supporting the first aiders in the following ways:
- Helping them to understand and process what they experience as a result of their role
- Advise and guide first aiders on the content of what they discuss
- Offer up to date information on signposting resources
- Encourage opportunity for peer support where there is a group
- Ad hoc support from Space2BHeard in between group sessions in response to incidents
- Enhanced safety and support for individuals managing mental health within the workplace
Space2BHeard believe that every workplace manager can benefit from gaining an additional insight and understanding of themselves and their colleagues.
Thinking about common workplace issues that frequently arise, we can offer an alternative way of thinking and working with others, using the concepts of Transactional Analysis – a model of social psychology which examines how we communicate and relate to others.
This is useful in conflict resolution, improving self confidence and helping teams to work, understand and support each other more effectively.
We offer a group programme of up to 5 x 2 hour workshops attending to the following areas:
- How Well Do You Know Yourself?
- You, Me, Us in the Workplace
- Understanding Conflict
- Roles & Relationships in the Workplace
- Workplace Development & Cultures
To help us get a real understanding of your workplace and what you would like to achieve from our programme, we also include a 1 hour management consultation to enable us to tailor the content to meet your organisational needs.