- 100% strongly agreed that the partnership feels important, is evolving in a positive way and trust the partnership to deliver benefits to both parties
- Items strongly endorsed overall but slight uncertainty regarding the sharing of values, common goals, individual commitments to the partnership and the effectiveness of solving differences/problems in the partnership.
S2BH values/needs from ECPT
Skills and experience
Experience and talent
To source qualified clinicians
Access to suitably skilled workforce
A high-quality workforce
Access to highly trained, suitably experienced and qualified Clinicians
Team expertise, skill base and valued relationships
Quality supervision for the leadership team/ loss of meaningful relationships
Senior clinical and service-led experience
Personal guidance and support
Relevant Supervision and supportive overview
Access to training
Significant Training opportunities
Gap in meeting the needs for training and CPD of clinicians
Reduced CPD and advanced training opportunities
Supporting clinicians with CPD
Ellesmere Values/Needs from S2BH.
Theory/training/practice link and placement opportunities
Having a service business to appeal to trainees workwise
Career development for students
Work for trainee’s either paid or placement would not be readily available, this may affect take up of places on future Psych/counselling training courses
Loss of joined up theory-practice, student placements and career development opportunities
Use of services and source of income
Use of space in buildings
Rental and service income
Uptake of room hire
Room rental fees
Uptake of training
Opportunities for growth
Potential for growth which comes via partnership projects
Skills and experience
Dynamic, fresh and innovative team of creaters and do-ers
Important and beneficial relationships built over time.
Capacity for service provision
Ethos of inclusion may be less as this is met often by services offered as part of partnership.
How to Improve
- A more joined up communication between ECPT/S2BH staff (not directors)
- Shared resources i.e. marketing, admin functions?
- Increased time together as a team External observation to offer us guidance and areas for improvement
- Ensure all service users and stakeholders of ECPT and S2BH are aware of the partnership
- Firm up S2BH Strategic Plan and Workforce Development Plan to link-in to partnership goals
- Enhanced communication, some kind of monthly mail shot that goes both ways that we can share between each other, staff, self- employed clinicians, stakeholders and any other partners with an interest. This would update everyone on what people are working on and ensure transparency for each organisation to their users.
- More frequent partnership meetings clear role structure
- I would like a fuller understanding of the partnership and a fuller understanding of my role within that. I feel extending this out to others involved in both businesses would be helpful to ensure all parties are aware of partnership, expectations and relationships.
- increase communication, make what is implicit in the partnership explicit and owned with joined up strategic planning and development.
- Grow the idea of the partnership being a coherent whole. The answer to ‘where do you work?’ would be, ‘I work within the S2BH/ECPT partnership’.