We are hiring
⋆To collaboratively create positive mental health provisions for all
⋆Providing innovative therapeutic solutions that are accessible for our community now and in the future
S2BH is a Community Interest Company (CIC) and was established in April 2019 in response to an identified need to grow our service delivery alongside the Ellesmere Centre for Psychotherapy and Training (ECPT). Our aims are, to identify our communities needs and provide creative, quality and dynamic mental health provisions to meet these needs. One of the services we deliver is Re-Mind which provides a care pathway for clients experiencing complex long term physiological and psychological conditions which is the service we are recruiting to. This is a self employed position and the successful candidate will be part of a supportive and creative team.
Job Overview: The successful candidate will be expected to provide both group and one to one therapy sessions to patients presenting with long term physical conditions. To support and promote ‘living well’ despite challenges this patient group may face. To use a holistic and integrative approach to work with our patients, accounting for the physical and psychological elements of any Long Term Condition.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· To provide quality group and one to one counselling/therapy to people experiencing a range of long-term conditions.
· To upload comprehensive timely patients notes on to the relevant Patient information recording system
· Communicate effectively with patients and carers, recognising the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding, cultural background and preferred ways of communicating
· To be willing to attend supervision sessions as requested by the Service Manager.
· To attend and participate fully in the specific training required for this role
· To attend all meetings and supervision sessions essential to the role
· To be able to work across a number of different sites across the city
· To work virtually where required
· Work collaboratively as part of a wider team and recognising and acting on findings from patient assessments and examinations, where need for onward referral, investigations and/or alternative treatment is required
Qualifications and Capabilities:
· Applications from all therapy and counselling modalities will be considered
· To hold an enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to obtain one before starting work.
· To have completed a minimum of 3 Years training in the field of Counselling and/or Psychotherapy.
· To have attained a Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling or equivalent.
· To be a Member of BACP.
· To be an accredited Member of BACP or equivalent or to be working towards becoming accredited.
· To commit to achieve the Continued Professional Development requirements
· To have completed the Children and Adult basic Safeguarding Training within the last 3 years or be willing to do so in a timely manner.
· To be willing to complete the online Information Governance and Prevent Training.
· To be able to commit to attend our quarterly staff meetings.
· To complete training in and use the electronic patient recording system as required.
· To hold the required personal indemnity insurance or be willing to obtain it before starting.
· To engage in training specific to this service.
· To be able to commit to building a minimum of 12 hours a week to the service.
· To have the capacity, confidence, and ability to take on up to 8 patients together upon completion of their group sessions.
· To be invested in being a member of a close working team
· To have excellent interpersonal skills
· To have autonomy to manage own time and diary in an organised and punctual manner
· To be approachable, caring, and compassionate approach to working and to our patient/client group.
· You will be able to access funded training and CPD as part of this role
· You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in relation to this client group
· You will be a member of a friendly team and also part of the wider team of therapists who work within Let’s Talk and other contracts we hold
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Application deadline: 26/11/2020
Expected start date: 11/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £26.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
We have made all our accommodation Covid safe and have a suite of documents to support us in this.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19